Amazon Echo isn’t just limited to Amazon and Spotify music services. You can also stream iTunes music (even Pandora or Google Play Music) from your iPhone (iPad or iPod) by pairing it directly with your Echo device.
First, ensure your Amazon Echo is set up, connected to the internet and working properly, then follow these simple steps:
- Tell Alexa to go into pair mode by saying: “Alexa, pair”. Alexa will respond with (Ready to pair. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your mobile device and choose… the name of your Echo)
- On your iPhone, open Settings and choose Bluetooth. If Bluetooth isn’t already turned on, Turn it on by switching the toggle button (the white circle will be on the right when Bluetooth is turned on and below it should say “Now discoverable as…”).
- You should now see a list showing under the section called “Devices” which should include the name of your Echo device. Touch it to pair this device.
- Once connected, your Echo will make some unique sound and Alexa will say (Now connected to… the name of your i-device). On your iPhone your Echo should now show as connected under the My Devices section.
- Now open iTunes Music app (or Google Play Music) and stream your favourite music to your Amazon Echo device. Repeat above 4 steps to pair your other Echo devices.